I hope that you are all well and coping with the current situation as well as possible.
The passing (last Sunday) of the entry date for the summer knockout competitions is the first of many such events in our golfing calendar. Obviously, we have no real idea when we will be able to start playing again so we’ll have to wait until that becomes possible and plan the remainder of the season at that time.
As far as the knockouts are concerned, our plan is as follows,
- Wait until the initial period of restrictions is over (approximately Easter) and then take a decision.
- If, however unlikely, a return to the course looks likely/imminent, we’ll re-plan the schedule and hope to complete the competitions. For those of you who have not entered but wanted to, you will have a short window to enter.
- Unfortunately if, as seems probable, the restrictions are extended and there is inadequate time to complete, we will take the decision to cancel this year’s competitions. If this is the case, your entry fees will be refunded by the club.
As far as I can see, communications between members continue through numerous chat forums as well as old fashioned methods such as phone calls, proving once again that we get more than golf from our membership.
I suspect that, when the course is able to open, we will find that our long game will be a bit rusty but putting and particularly chipping will be at levels never seen before.
Steve Parrett, Club Captain.