We are delighted that as of Wednesday 13th May 2020 we will be able to reopen our golf courses for play.
We also recognise that COVID-19 is still with us and therefore some sensible and practical precautions are required to ensure all golfers can enjoy their sport in a safe and controlled environment, whilst still enjoying the mental and physical health benefits to support their wellbeing.
The guidance, that can be viewed on this link ( https://southwinchestergolf.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Guide-to-Golf-During-Covid-19-WEBSITE.pdf ), has been prepared in consultation with industry bodies, government and medical guidance. For golfers, the measures cover each step of the journey from home to 1st tee and back home again and adherence at all times is a condition of play, for your safety and that of everyone else at the club.
Information and guidance is under constant review, updated as the advice from government, health authorities and the sport’s governing bodies evolves and in line with the gradual lifting of social restrictions. As is normal practice, each golf course will have local rules in play which will be communicated at the check-in point and are also detailed below.
From all of us at South Winchester GC & Crown Golf, I would like to thank you for your support, patience and understanding as we work through the many unexpected challenges the virus presented to us all. There is no doubt a way to go until we are back to normal, whatever normal will be, but for now……..thank you and go enjoy your golf!
Best wishes & Stay Safe
Roger & the Team
- You must have a pre-booked tee time to visit the club, we ask you not to travel to the club for any other reason. The golf course will not open before 7am so members are politely reminded not to roll up and expect to go out ahead of the first bookable time.
- The overriding principal is to maintain a minimum two metre gap at all times, avoid touching any hard surfaces, wash your hands…….and enjoy yourselves!
- Two balls only.
- The Driving Range is closed and the practise facilities are only open to those with a pre booked tee time, 10 minutes prior to teeing off to avoid congestion.
- Please do not leave your car until 15 mins before your tee time
- The Pro-shop is currently closed – any questions to the marshall on the 10th tee or call 01962 877 800
- Exit the car park down the hill and walk up to the 10th tee
- Toilet facilities are open from the rear of the building (zig zag path)
- If you have a buggy or trolley booked collect key on arrival and only use with “I’m Clean” signage
- Putting & Chipping areas only open to golfers 10 mins before their booked tee time
- Driving range temporarily closed to all golfers
- Tee off from the 10th – 18th first then loop over buggy bridge past the 9th green to the 1st tee to complete the 2nd loop of 9 holes.
- Please do not sit on benches, do not take flags out of the holes and please smooth footprints in bunkers with your club or feet
- The pace of play for a 2 ball should be under 3.5 hours.