After re-plumbing the men’s and disabled toilets we now have a new and improved system. The original work had a negative flow which meant the whole system had to be changed, thank you for your patience whilst this was undertaken.
Current Vacancies: Front of house Manager – 3 interviews so far and aiming to appoint by the end of October
Part Time Sales and events – 20 hrs per week – Applicants welcome
Green Keeper – 3 applicants being interviewed with the aim to appoint by end of October
The 2nd Greens Committee meeting was held on Friday 13th….. some of the many points discussed on the course walk included:
– Apply a granular feed to the greens to aid growth, this will slow them down slightly in the short term, but is imperative to give them the opportunity to recover before the winter.
– New work Schedule to be completed and shared with the committee in due course for maximum efficiency of the team and resources
– New cutting regime where you may see blue lines around the course indicating areas where we can achieve some more definition for a stronger visual impact
– Whilst the irrigation system is working this will be overhauled this winter to ensure we minimise the risk of losing greens in the future
– Look at Paths during Winter projects, this may be a mix of in-house and contractor based projects
– Formulate a new raking regime of bunkers, whereby the sand is taken off slopes in bunkers and thus the ball doesn’t plug but rolls down to the main flat part of the sand. We will trial this on the 1st, 13th & 15th
– Red lines around Ponds to enhance playing decisions
– Removal off a bush on the 6th to enhance view of the pond
This is on top of the usual maintenance being carried out daily.
We have the air cannon coming out soon to scare off the birds and will also be employing kites and fake snakes….in a bid to ward off the crows and drive them away from SWGC.
As always, if you have any comments please pop in and see me or send me an email email@example.com or 01962 877 800