In my last blog I was keen to get some competitive golf started in a small way and I proposed that we began by holding the Club Championships at roughly the time planned in the diary.
Since then we have had various comments suggesting that we could wait until the Greenkeepers have had more time to work on the course and in the hope that social restrictions might be further eased. We are quite happy to agree with and act upon these suggestions so the Men’s Championship will be delayed until later in the summer.
Please note that the Ladies are continuing with the plan to hold their Championship on the weekend of the 20th and 21st June.
We plan to run some Club Stableford Competitions over the next few weeks and we are currently arranging and testing a method of doing so that is safe, complies with the regulations and is not too complicated – more details shortly.
Steve Parrett, Club Captain