After the first week of the competitions under the new method of scoring (on the IG App) and playing off different tees, there were a few hiccups as one may expect in the scoring of cards. Unfortunately Neal Apps (our competition secretary) had to manually enter 22 cards as some cards were not completed correctly, and given these trying times this is not really acceptable.
To that end could we kindly remind you to complete your cards correctly. Example filled in cards (new and old style below):
In essence the following should happen:
- Check in and collect a card from the pro shop
- Complete your card as shown
- You mark your playing partners score and enter our own in the markers section
- You enter your own score on the IG App either during or after your round (please note if you do it during your round there is a live leaderboard shown which is good fun)
- Compare correct scores after your round
- Marker only needs to sign, NOT the player
- Place score card in box at the pro shop entrance
- Please note if you cannot enter your score on the IG App then you MUST notify the pro shop on completion of your round
- By following the above only one person handles the card
Unfortunately, whilst we are in these unprecedented times players will be disqualified if a card is not completed correctly.
Many thanks, SWGC Committee